The Lafayette Library and Learning Center (LLLC) is a regional meeting place that plays host to special events, programs and thousands of library patrons visiting yearly. With its beautiful 30,000 sf facility opened in November 2010, the Library is centrally located with on-site parking and convenient access to public transportation.
The modern Community Hall, with its stage and high tech sound and lighting features, Steinway Grand Piano and Art Gallery is popular for musical performances as well as lectures, meetings, celebrations and private functions. The Arts and Science Discovery Center is ideal for classes or meetings with a wall-length white board and projector and screen. For smaller groups, there are a number of private meeting spaces from which to choose.
Room rentals are managed by the LLLC Foundation to help raise their 53% share of necessary funds needed to maintain and operate the facility. The Foundation office is located in the second-level parking garage. Office hours are 10 am to 2 pm, Monday - Friday or by appointment.
For further information and to make room reservations, please call (925) 283-6513 x101 or email RoomRentals@LLLCF.org. The professional Foundation and facility staff will work with you to ensure a successful event from start to finish!
- Private Party/Commercial
- Non-Profit - 501(c)3
Areas Available for Rent
2014 Room rental rates
Room Rental Policies
- Contact the Foundation to confirm availability of room, date and time
- Submit a rental agreement
- A $100 non-refundable deposit to confirm your reservation is due at the time of booking. This can be made with a Visa or MC by calling the Foundation Office (925) 283-6513 or sending a check payable to LLLCF, 3491 Mt. Diablo Blvd. Su. 214, Lafayette, CA 94549
- Reservations of less than $100 or within 30 days of the booking period require payment in full. For rentals of $100 or more, full payment is due 30 days prior to rental date.
- Cancellations must be made in writing and any deposit paid will be forfeited.
- Cancellations made less than 14 days in advance may be subject to loss of the entire rental fee.
- In exceptional cases, the LLLCF reserves the right to reschedule, relocate or deny a request of a previously confirmed reservation.
- All fees and use regulations are subject to change.
- Rental agreements cannot be transferred, assigned, sublet or issued to minors.
- Use of the facilities cannot interfere with regular County Library operations/programs.
- Renter shall restrict all activities to the area(s) so designated and to the restrooms.
- Rental hours must include time for set up and clean up. The facility will NOT be open prior to the rental start time for set up, caterers, bands or decorators.
- Storage is not available either before or after an event. This includes food and beverages, decorations, equipment, rented tables, etc.
- LLLCF has the right to review materials used to publicize events held at LLLC as well as proposed entertainment.
- All decorations must be approved and flame retardant. Only blue painter tape or twine may be used to hang decorations/signage. The use of nails, tacks, staples, sticky tape, etc. are prohibited. Confetti, uncontained candles, aerosol streamers, sand, hay, etc. are prohibited.
- Applicant shall exhibit no permanent signs on or adjacent to the building. Temporary portable signs may be exhibited during rental period with prior authorization.
- Smoking is not permitted inside or outside on the premises.
- Rentals will not be allowed by any individual or group that discriminates because of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Chairs and 5' or 6' rectangle tables are available and will be set up prior to rental start time based on a floor plan provided by the renter in advance.
- A facility staff person will assist in readying your audio/visual set-up needs but does not stay in attendance unless prior arrangements are made.
- The Community Hall kitchen does not have any cooking or heating equipment. It is a prep kitchen only.
- "Stand and Sip" cocktail tables and linen are available for rent.
- Renter events will not be displayed on the Lafayette Library and Learning Center's Calendar of Events. Renters may pay a nominal fee to have their event included in the Foundation's schedule of upcoming events e-blast "AdLib."
- Renters are solely responsible and answerable financially for any and all accidents or injuries to persons or property resulting from the use of Library facilities.
- Renters shall be responsible for the control and supervision of all people in attendance during the usage of the facility and shall take care to see that no damage is done to the facility, and that everyone conducts him/herself in an orderly manner. If damages or behavior of the group warrant, a function may be stopped in progress, and renter may be denied further use of the facilities.
- The facility staff is responsible for the facility and may request police assistance at any time to prevent abuse of privileges and to enforce facility rules and regulations.
Alcoholic Beverage Policy
If alcoholic beverages will be sold, a license must be obtained in advance from the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board (ABC). This includes direct exchange of money for beverages, purchase of tickets that may be exchanged for beverages, or purchase of a dinner or event ticket that includes the service of alcoholic beverages.
To obtain an ABC permit, renters are required to have:
- Completed Daily License Authorization (Form 221)
- Signed approval on Form 221 by the LLLCF Executive Director and The Lafayette Police Department.
- For more information and to download Form 221, go to www.abc.ca.gov.
- Renters are responsible for the set-up and removal of all decorations and outside equipment. Tables and chairs should be cleared off and trash placed in the appropriate receptacles. Spills and stains should be cleaned from the floors. The kitchen area should be cleaned with all personal items removed.
- All property brought in by renters must be removed at the end of the rental period. We cannot guarantee the return of any items left behind.
- For large parties or events, as determined by LLLCF, there is a $150 janitorial fee.
The LLLCF has its own 2 story free parking garage with 88 parking spots. Street parking is limited to 2 hours except in the evenings and on Sundays. Because our lot fills up quickly, public transportation and carpooling is encouraged.
A security deposit may be required and is due no later than 30 days in advance. Charges for extra cleaning, damages to the facilities and/or furnishings and property and overtime fees will result in a deduction or forfeit of the deposit. Renters will be billed for any damages not covered by the deposit. If the property is not vacated by the end of the contractual period, the associated costs will be deducted from your security deposit.
When a certificate of insurance is required, obtain this from your insurance company naming the City of Lafayette and the Lafayette Library and Learning Center Foundation and its employees and agents as additional insured for your event and indicating that your insurance coverage is primary. The amount of the insurance should be no less than $1 million.